wading for lobster?

Talk about anything related to the forum.

wading for lobster?

Postby duck » July 24th, 2012, 10:13 pm

i'm on the east coast of florida (st.lucie) where do people go wading for lobster on the east coast? it sounds like fun and i like to try it! any info on where to wade net on the east coast would be appreciated!
duck

Re: wading for lobster?

Postby chuck » July 24th, 2012, 11:46 pm

I've only ever seen people do it in the keys. I guess any area with grassy flats that are shallow enough to walk in that are next to a channel would be a good place to look. If you see people bully netting from boats, then that would be the kind of place you would go. I've seen people take kayaks and paddle boards out to hold their stuff and then just drag those around behind them as they walk.
chuck

Postby duck » July 25th, 2012, 11:28 am

i was just invited by my neighbor to with them to biscayne bay tonight to get some bugs, we got our lights & the flats boat ready last night :) , hopefully my camera will work an i will try to get some pics
duck

Postby florida » July 26th, 2012, 3:00 am

Great!!! We can't wait to see some pics. We were out there today catching our share of lobsters. Not too many people out today.
florida
Site Admin

Postby duck » July 29th, 2012, 1:18 am

went out wed. night, we got 6 lobster but three were throwbacks, forgot to bring my camera, sry. but i learned alot.
duck

Return to General Discussion